Volunteer Opportunities at Calvary Community Care (C3)
Event start date: 02 May 2017 - Event end date: 31 Dec 2017
Venue: Calvary Community Care
147 Potong Pasir Ave 1 #02-83
Tel: (65) 6281 1866
Fax: (65) 6281 1867
Abigail Chua: email@example.com
Published on: 02-May-2017
Calvary Community Care (C3) is a not-for-profit Voluntary Welfare Organisation that seeks to serve the needy in the community regardless of race, age, gender or religion. By serving the needy from a heart of love, C3 wants to lift them to new heights of well-being. Their core values are charity, compassion and care.
C3 SENIORS PROGRAMME
- Active Ageing Programme -
The active ageing programme encourages seniors to stay healthy and active, both physically and mentally. Through a wide array of activities and events, C3 strives to engage seniors aged 60 years and above to be active and engaged in the community.
- Collaboration -
C3 is also looking out for collaborations with student groups to enrich the lives of our seniors. Most of C3's events and activities depend largely on volunteers and sponsorship. Without support and generous sponsors, the events and activities will not be so successful and meaningful. Contact C3 to see how you can partner them to bless the seniors in Potong Pasir.
- Befriending Service -
The befriending service involves befrienders (volunteer) making weekly visits to our befriendees’ (socially isolated seniors) residences to offer them supportive, reliable relationships and social and psycho-emotional support. C3 reaches out to and engage lonely seniors (65 years and above) through home visits and coordinate social activities for them with the help of volunteers. The aim is to help seniors age in place gracefully with dignity in their golden years.
C3 wants you if you:
- Are aged 18 years old and above
- Are able to interact with seniors in Mandarin, dialects, Malay or Tamil
- Are able to commit to the programme from April to December 2017
- Are able to work well both independently and in a team
- Have passion for working with seniors and desire to make a difference for the seniors
- Have integrity, honesty and are trustworthy
Role of Volunteers:
- Visit and befriend seniors at their homes
- Interact with the seniors
- Foster strong and long-lasting relationship
- Observe the senior for signs of dementia or depression
- Understand the senior’s needs and relay them to C3
- Able to help organise adhoc activities for the seniors
If you are interested to volunteer, please email or contact Abigail:
Tel: 6281 1866 / 9271 2991