TurningPoint (Software Clickers)
1) All Year One Students' Turning Account will be created by vendor on 4th August 2017. Please remember to accept account verification email from Turning Technologies (check spam folder) and change/reset your password. Use only NTU email (email@example.com without the 'e') to reset password.
2) All Other Year Students will continue to create account through NTULearn using NTU email (firstname.lastname@example.org without the 'e') ONLY. You need to create your account only once.
3) Remember to download the Apps from Appstore/Googleplay to participate in polling session. Refer to this PDF.
4) All faculty please disregard the "License Subscription Expiring..." message. You will receive a renewal notification in due time (no action require).
- All 1st Year students will no longer be issued with hardware clickers from AY2016/2017.
TurningPoint5 (TP5) for hardware clicker will not be supported by vendor from June 2017. Faculty can continue to use TP5 bearing no further update from Microsoft Powerpoint (last supported version 2013). Turning Student IOS/Android App (software clicker) is a direct replacement for hardware clicker.
**All Year One students' TurningPoint Account will be created by the vendor. Please remember to accept the account verification email from Turning Technologies (check spam folder) and change your password.
All Other Year students are required to create their TurningPoint Account from NTULearn (course site>Tools>TurningPoint Account Registration) to be used with Student IOS/Android App. Students only create the account ONCE throughout their programme. Click here on how to create the account. DO NOT CREATE TPC account from the vendor website directly. These accounts will not aligned with the faculty attendance list.
- Click Turning account creation guide (student) to create a student account. For faculty to discuss in class (Click PPT). For hybrid classes (1st year & others), please advise non first-year students to create an account to be used on a single platform. Ultimately TurningPointCloud and Turning Apps will be the only viable solution for campus wide deployment.
- TurningPointCloud (TPC) – Download and install TurningPointCloud v7.5.3 from right menu link "Download TPC v7.5.3"
- TPC works with Turning Student IOS/Android App (software Clickers). Download the app from AppStore / GooglePlay. Please set the region to "East Asia"
- All faculty will require an instructor account to use TurningPoint. The account will be pre-created. Faculty will need to accept the invite thru NTU email to complete the registration (as below). Please check your spam/junk folder if you did not receive the email. Email email@example.com if you require an instructor account.
- Faculty who missed the notification email can do a password reset by entering their email address and clicking forgot password at https://account.turningtechnologiessg.net/. This will then resend the same email to have them create a new password and allowing them to access their account.
- If you would like to use TurningPoint Cloud with Turning Student IOS/Android App in your class, and plan to download the participant list from NTULearn (Click "Managing TurningPoint Cloud" for details).
Important Note: Managing TurningPoint Cloud Software
A. Click TPC icon on desktop
- Instructor required Turning account to login to TPC (pre-created by CITS)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request for a TPC account if you did not receive a registration email
B. Sign in to your pre-created Turning account using NTU email / selected password (password accepted during account creation)
C. Start a session
D. Starting the TurningPointCloud application, login to your TPC dashboard (see below)
If your account is created successfully, you should see the 500 seats allocated to your account.
E. Email template for faculty to inform their classes on the roll-out of TurningPoint (cut-and-paste the quoted message)
With effect from AY2016/2017 semester, all First Year Students will no longer be issued with hardware Clicker (A Student Response System for real-time polling, attendance-taking, answering of quizzes etc.)
Instead, all Year One students' TurningPoint Account will be created by the vendor. Please remember to accept the account verification email from Turning Technologies and change your password.
All Other Year students are required to create their TurningPoint Account from NTULearn (course site>Tools>TurningPoint Account Registration) to be used with Student IOS/Android App (software Clicker using smart devices). Students only create the account ONCE throughout their programme. Click here on how to create the account.