TurningPoint (Software Clickers)
- From AY17/18, all Year One Students' (except late matriculated students) Turning Account will be created by our vendor. Please remember to accept account verification email from Turning Technologies (check spam folder if you missed it) and change/reset your password for successful creation of account. Use only NTU email (email@example.com without the 'e') to reset password.
- All Other Year Students (including late matriculated students) will continue to create account through i-NTULearn using NTU email (firstname.lastname@example.org without the 'e') ONLY. You need to create your account only once.
- Remember to download TurningPoint App from Apple Store/Play Store to participate in polling session. Refer to this PDF
- First Year students will no longer be issued with hardware clickers from AY2016/2017. From June 2017, TurningPoint5 (TP5) for hardware clicker will not be supported by our vendor. Faculty can continue to use TP5 bearing no further update from Microsoft Powerpoint (last supported version 2013). TurningPoint Student IOS/Android App (software clicker) is a direct replacement for hardware clicker.
**All Year One students' Turning Account to be created by our vendor. Please remember to accept the account verification email from Turning Technologies (check spam folder) and change your password.
All Other Year students are required to create their Turning Account through i-NTULearn (Course site>Course Menu>Turning Account Creation) to be used with Student IOS/Android App. Students only create the account ONCE throughout their programme. Click here on how to create the account. DO NOT CREATE Turning account from the vendor website directly. These accounts will not be aligned with the faculty attendance list.
- Click Turning account creation guide (student) to create a student account. For faculty to discuss in class (Click PPT ). For hybrid classes (1st year & others), please advise non first-year students to create an account to be used on a single platform. Ultimately, TurningPoint Cloud and TurningPoint Apps will be the only viable solution for campus wide deployment.
- TurningPoint Cloud (TPC) – Download and install TurningPoint Cloud v7.5.3 from right menu link "Download TPC v7.5.3"
- TPC works with TurningPoint Student IOS/Android App (software Clickers). Download the app from Apple Store / Play Store. Please set the region to "East Asia"
- All faculty will require an instructor account to use TurningPoint. The account will be pre-created. Faculty will need to accept the invite thru NTU email to complete the registration (as below). Please check your spam/junk folder if you did not receive the email. Email email@example.com if you require an instructor account.
- Faculty who missed the notification email can do a password reset by entering their email address and clicking forgot password at https://account.turningtechnologiessg.net/. This will then resend the same email to have them create a new password and allowing them to access their account.
- If you would like to use TurningPoint Cloud with TurningPoint Student IOS/Android App in your class, and plan to download the participant list from LMS (Click "Managing TurningPoint Cloud" for details).
Important Note: Managing TurningPoint Cloud Software
A. Click TPC icon on desktop
- Instructor required Turning account to login to TPC (pre-created by CITS)
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request for a TPC account if you did not receive a registration email
B. Sign in to your pre-created Turning account using NTU email / selected password (password accepted during account creation)
C. Start a session
D. Starting the TurningPoint Cloud application, login to your TPC dashboard (see below)
If your account is created successfully, you should see the 500 seats allocated to your account.
E. Email template for faculty to inform their classes on the rollout of TurningPoint (cut-and-paste the quoted message)
With effect from AY2016/2017 semester, all First Year Students will no longer be issued with hardware Clicker (A Student Response System for real-time polling, attendance taking, answering of quizzes etc.)
Instead, all Year One students' Turning Account will be created by the vendor. Please remember to accept the account verification email from Turning Technologies and change your password.
All Other Year students are required to create their Turning Account from i-NTULearn (course site> Course Menu>Turning Account Creation) to be used with Student IOS/Android App (software Clicker using smart devices). Students only create the account ONCE throughout their programme. Click here on how to create the account.
FAQs / email email@example.com / DID: 67905101
NTU TurningPoint Team"
Email firstname.lastname@example.org / DID: 67905101 / FAQs
NTU TurningPoint Team