Limited slots are available on a first come first serve basis. Register for the respective workshops via the registration links found on the Calendar of Workshops tab selection. An email confirmation will be sent to students who have successfully secured their complimentary seats. Terms and conditions apply*.
Business 101 (For Non-Business Students)
How business savvy are you? Is being technically proficient enough to be successful in your career? So what more does it take to forge a successful career?
This workshop brings you up to speed with the basic understanding of multiple aspects of business. You will be exposed to the business world and how business strategy, marketing, finance and human resources are interconnected towards business success. This seminar gives you a broad set of competencies on business and helps you to build your business acumen.
- Business Basics
- Marketing Pillars
- Financial Literacy
- Functions of People
- Business Strategies
Combination of lectures, video, case study and presentation
Year 3 or 4
Full day - 8 hours
Create Win-Win Negotiations
Negotiation is something we engage in every day, whether consciously or otherwise. Defined simply, it is a form of communication to help settle arguments or issues to satisfactory benefits. Yet negotiation is often the most neglected skills that people tend to forget. Today's corporate environment demands that we negotiate with tact and diplomacy. Whether negotiation is used to close a sales pitch, resolve conflict, negotiate a pay rise, achieve persuasion, or simply to improve damaged relationships, it is a skill that will empower your working life positively.
This workshop is designed to help you gain an introductory understanding of how to better use negotiation in your career to improve the quality of your work. It will also help you understand the importance of negotiation and the characteristics of well-executed negotiations in specific work scenarios.
- Know the purpose of negotiation
- Know the different negotiation styles/perspectives
- Respond appropriately to negotiation scenarios carrying different negotiation styles
- The best alternative to a negotiated agreement (BATNA):
- What to do when negotiations fail?
- Creating a list of actions to take when no agreement is reached
- Transforming some of the most promising actions that may probably yield a higher success rate into tangible and partial alternative
- Selecting the best alternative
- Practice negotiation
Year 1 students onwards
Design Thinking for Career Success
Have you ever encountered problems at work?
With the many problems that we face in our work and life, it seems as if there is never enough time to solve each one before the next problem comes along. Problems keep mounting so fast that we find ourselves taking unsustainable shortcuts – so we can move onto the next problem. In the process, we fail to solve the core of each problem we face; so we continuously get caught in a vicious never-ending cycle that makes it difficult to find any real resolutions.
Leverage the power of Design Thinking mindset and tools to think of creative ideas and concepts to enhance your employability and be successful in your careers.
- Introduction to Design Thinking
- Sharing of Case Study and Model Organisations
- Uncovering the Unmet Need
- Ideating on the Unmet Need
◦ Be Divergent to come up with Wild ideas
◦ Be Convergent to convert wild ideas into Wow ideas
◦ Synergise Wow ideas into Breakthrough Concept
- Presenting & Critiquing the Concept