Limited slots are available on a first come first serve basis. Register for the respective workshops via the registration links found on the Calendar of Workshops tab selection. An email confirmation will be sent to students who have successfully secured their complimentary seats. Terms and conditions apply*.
Cultivate A Mindset To Navigate Uncertainty
The world is dynamic and full of uncertainties. Why do some people can still thrive in such uncertainty, while others give up trying? Our mindsets determine how we embrace uncertainties. This workshop helps you to examine your mindsets in embracing uncertainties. You will be introduced to the idea of growth mindset - the work of world renowned psychologist Carol Dweck. You will also learn techniques to cultivate a growth mindset to navigate and respond to an unpredictable world.
- Differentiate Intelligence and talent versus effort and persistence
- Test your current mindset using a simple tool: growth and fixed mindset
- Take away a toolkit of practical tips for developing a growth mindset
- Apply the practical tips on to manage common career challenges
Year 1 students onwards
Emotional Intelligence & Diversity At Work
Discover how to develop your emotional intelligence to increase your personal and interpersonal effectiveness in your personal lives and at work. Learn to take back the controls of your life to make you even more magnetically attractive to people around you. Emotional intelligence provides the powerful insights and tools essential for transforming people. Learn how to practice small daily steps that will build new patterns in your life and help you break away from destructive patterns. Learn methods that help you connect easily with others, communicate effectively and establish powerful relationships at work.
- Understand why EQ is critical for personal effectiveness and how it benefits you in your personal and work lives.
- Manage our emotions and have better control of impulses so that we do not say the wrong things when buttons are pressed.
- Build resiliency so as to bounce back from setbacks and adversities.
- Know the value of optimism and how to practice it.
- Know how to build rapport and connect better with others with greater understanding.
- Practice empathic listening and communication and how it impacts when dealing with others.
Year 1 students onwards
Transition from NTU to Work – Your 1st 90 Days
For many of us, graduating from school marks the achievement of academic success! There are signs of relief that we can finally do without examinations and sleepless nights of revision. However, I reality we are beginning another new journey – a totally new one with no textbooks. The journey towards the world of work brings with new responsibilities and challenges. How best can we prepare ourselves transiting from school to work?
In this fun and interactive workshop, you will learn how to navigate this crucial transition period successfully. Gain key strategies to adapt well to change, build great relationships at your new place of work and keep your balance!
- Understand the challenges and opportunities on your first 90 days and learn the effective mindsets and techniques to overcome them
- Identify personal and professional development opportunities to support your transition
- Learn key strategies to manage upward, sideward and downward workplace relationships
Final Year students
*Slots are on a first come first serve basis. Students who have accumulated two "no show" without valid reasons & documental proof, you will be blocked from registering for future CAO events/services for the next 60 days.