Alibaba Talent Programme
In order to nurture R&D talents in Artificial Intelligence and other related areas, Alibaba Group launches the “Alibaba Talent Programme” in Singapore to support the outstanding undergraduate and master students to pursue their PhD degrees.
This programme is strongly supported by Economic Development Board (EDB) and Alibaba’s first oversea institute – Alibaba-NTU Singapore Joint Research Institute (JRI). The PhD candidates will study in local universities and participate in the valuable research projects collaborated between Alibaba and universities. Alibaba will provide data samples and business scenarios and cooperate with the universities to create the best academic environment to help them grow. The successful candidate will become Alibaba’s full-time employee and pursue this programme on a full-time basis. Each PhD candidate will be mentored by at least one supervisor from his/her enrolled university and one co-supervisor from Alibaba.
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR);
- Meet the university's admission and academic requirements;
- Obtained bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical, Electronic, Mathematics, Physics, or other related areas;
- Keen to study in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, Optimization, Data analytics, Database, Cryptography and Security, Quantum Computing, etc.
- Expected to spend at least 50% of his/her time at the Alibaba’s facility to work on the research projects;
- Monthly salary of
5,000 SGD for 4 years;
- Fully supported tuition fees for 4 years;
- Central Provident Fund (CPF) Contribution;
(Note: the rate is pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF;)
- Other benefits, such as insurance, conference financial supports, internship allowance, etc.
How to apply:
Please email your CV (Curriculum Vitae) to
Opening of the application
03 September 2018
Closing date of the application
31 October 2018
If you have any enquiry, please contact us at