​​​Engaging Internation Students 

This section contains information on all things to do with immigration and visa matters.

Student’s Pass

Important Notes

Students are required to ensure that they remain in Singapore on a valid pass at all times. Overstaying is a punishable offence under the Immigration Act.

  • Dependant's Pass (DP) Holder is still required to apply for a Student's Pass. The student may opt to be issued with a Letter of Consent (LOC) to study in NTU. To do so, he/she must write a letter indicating hisher intention to use his/her DP to study full-time in Singapore, and submit the letter along with a copy of the eForm16 and his/her passport particulars page to the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore at the Student's Pass Unit or sent to ICA by post.
  • Please surrender your Student’s Pass to ICA for cancellation within 7 days of the date you complete or terminate your full-time studies, go on leave of absence or convert to part-time studies. Please visit http://www.ica.gov.sg for more details.
  • For extension of studies, international students must apply for a new Student’s Pass and surrender the existing Student’s Pass, before its expiry date, for cancellation.
  • Students may surrender their Student’s Pass at the Visitor Services Centre, Student’s Pass Unit, Level 4, ICA Building, Kallang Road or at the Immigration Checkpoints when departing the country. A copy of the cancellation form is available at the Student’s Pass Unit or can be downloaded from ICA’s website at http://www.ica.gov.sg.
  • International students are exempted from applying for a Work Permit if they wish to work during vacation time. The exemption to apply for a Work Permit is also applicable to international students of NTU who do not work more than 16 hours per week during term time. An application for endorsement to work during term time is required. Please click here for more information.

Graduating Students (Undergraduate Programme)

Change of Address / Passport

You are required to notify Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) if there is a change of residential address or have obtained a new passport. - Please email to: ICA_STP1@ica.gov.sg with a scanned copy of your Student's Pass, Old passport and new passport personal particulars' page.


Loss of Passport
Information can be found in the following website:- Click here


Contact Information

Share Article