The GIC Sparks is a special programme for undergraduates who believe they can make a positive impact in someone's life. It is a Study Grant established to support full-time undergraduates who will participate in a leadership and community programme to mentor disadvantaged children and youths.
The recipients will each undergo a customised leadership and community programme conducted by a non-governmental organisation. Through applying the management skills and mentoring know-how, they will then gain first-hand experiences as a mentor and friend to underprivileged children or youths.
|Benefits of Study Grant|
- S$5,000 study grant per annum
- Insights into Singapore's social landscape
- Training by social service professionals in mentoring and basic counselling
- Full-time undergraduates of NTU in any year of study and course
- Open to Singapore Citizen only
- With gross monthly household per capita (average) income not exceeding $2,000
- A strong interest in community involvement
- Each recipient shall be eligible for the Grant for up to two times throughout his/her duration of study.
- Each Study Grant is tenable for one academic year. Selected students should be available for a 6-month stretch.
- Each recipient is required to undergo a customised leadership and community training programme organised by the Donor.
- As part of the programme requirement, the recipient shall serve as a mentor to underprivileged Singaporean children/youths for not less than 25 mentoring hours per year.
- If you are currently holding any scholarship/study grant, please check the terms and condition of your awarded scholarship/study grant before you apply for the GIC Study Grant. The GIC Study Grant does not have any restriction to students holding concurrent scholarship/study grant.
Application & Submission
|Application for AY 2017/18 should be submitted HERE from 7 - 18 August 2017.|
Completed application should be submitted by 18 August 2017, 5.30 pm.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed to attend a selection interview.
For any enquiries, pls contact Ms Helen Xu at firstname.lastname@example.org.