About This Policy
This notice describes the information practices of Nanyang Technological University (NTU) that relates to the websites and apps on which this statement is posted (“Site”). This includes mobile websites and applications.
- Welcome to the Site of Nanyang Technological University (NTU). This statement demonstrates NTU’s firm commitment to respect your individual privacy on the Site and to properly manage, protect and process your personal data. For this reason, we would like to explain how we process your personal data when you interact with us.
- If you are only browsing this Site or using the Search function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. While user sessions will be tracked, the users will remain anonymous.
- If you choose to submit an application form or an email that contains personally identifiable data, for NTU to process or to render you a service, we may share that relevant data within the University, or if necessary, with other Government agencies or universities, so as to serve you efficiently and effectively.
- For your convenience, when you are carrying out a transaction on our Site, we may also display to you the data that you previously supplied to NTU, other Government agencies or private organisations that have been authorised to carry out specific services on our behalf. This is intended to save you time and effort in re-keying the same data. If the pre-displayed data is out-of-date, please enter the latest data. NTU will retain your personal data only as necessary for business and legal purposes.
- To safeguard your personal data, NTU has put in place appropriate security technologies, policies and procedures to secure all electronic storage and transmission of personal data.
- This Site may contain links to other independently-managed websites within the NTU network and to some sites outside the "ntu.edu.sg" domain whose privacy practices may be different from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to examine the privacy notices of those sites.
Security Precautions You Should Take
- Although NTU makes every effort to secure our networks, the University cannot guarantee the privacy of online communications. Users are advised to take the usual precautions when online, such as providing personal information in online classes, chatrooms, or other open forums on the Internet. If you are using a public or shared computer, be sure to log out when you leave by exiting the site and closing your browser. Otherwise, the next person using the computer may be able to see your personal information.
- If you wish to find out more about NTU’s Personal Data Protection Statement, click here.