To give the highest recognition to individuals or teams who have made significant contributions to the creation of a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem at NTU, and contributed to Singapore’s economic and national development through the creation of entrepreneurial leaders and new business ventures.
- The Award will be given to:
||Nominee who has made significant contributions to the creation of a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem at NTU, and/or has provided the mentorship, counselling and encouragement to NTU students and faculty such that those individuals have chosen to step onto a career path of innovation and entrepreneurship that they would otherwise not have embarked upon; or|
||Nominee (individual or team) whose technology or innovation has successfully been commercialized and has made a significant economic impact and therefore contributed to creating a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem by being an example for others.|
- Nominee must have been in NTU for at least 3 years to qualify for the Award.
- Self-nomination is allowed, however, nomination by another party is preferred.
- A recipient of the Nanyang Award for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is not eligible to receive an award within the same category for a period of 3 years.
- Nominator should complete the nomination form and all nominations should stress the overall achievements of the nominee(s) and their significance. The nomination shall include information on:
- Intellectual achievement, uniqueness and originality of the innovation
- Degree of commercialization of the technology or innovation
- Spin-off that has resulted from the technology or innovation
- The contributions by the nominee to a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem in NTU
The evaluation will be based on the contributions to innovation and entrepreneurship :
- The impact of the contribution towards creating a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- The influence on students and faculty to embrace innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The contribution to commercialisation of research and innovative technology that has an impact on Singapore and benefit to the public.
The University Selection Committee will make the final selection of the award winner(s).
- $5,000 Cash
- Trophy and Certificate of Commendation
- Entrepreneurship Grant of $10,000 (to be used in the following year)
Click here for Nomination.