The purpose of the Student Loan is to assist full-time NTU undergraduates should they meet with financial difficulties during the programme of study.
Who is eligible?
- For financially needy full-time undergraduates
in all years of study except in their final semester.
consider applying for other loans / awards (e.g. NTU Tuition Fee Loan / NTU Study Loan / Bursary) before applying for this loan.
- Up to S$2,000.
- Limited to one loan during his/her course of study.
- One guarantor aged 21 to 60 years (based on the guarantor's age at the point of application), and not an un-discharged bankrupt.
- A loan applicant who is a:
The guarantor must be gainfully employed.
A student of Nanyang Technological University who satisfies (1) and (2) may also act as a guarantor. However, a student who is holding Tuition Fee Loan/ loan from CPF Education Scheme or any other form of loan should not stand as guarantor.
If the application for the Student Loan is successful, the applicant and guarantor have to be both present at NTU to sign the loan agreement.
- Singaporean student to provide a Singaporean guarantor.
- Singapore Permanent Resident and International students to provide a Singaporean/Singapore Permanent Resident guarantor.
Commences 3 months upon graduation over a period of 3 years.
How to apply
- Application is open throughout the year.
- Download the application form.
- You may be required to visit our office for a short discussion upon submission of your application.
Supporting Documents Required
As stated on the application form.