CEE (Maritime Exchange Programme) |
GEM Discoverer |
GEM Explorer |
HSS-Peking University (PKU) | NTUitive Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme |
Overseas Attachments / Immersions / Internships / Orientations |
SBS (Biomedical Sciences - BUCM) |
SBS-FYP | CAO Work & Study
These schemes are designed to help students to defray their overseas expenditure.
CAO Travel Award
Open to financially needy full-time NTU Singaporean undergraduates.
- A limited number of travel awards are available and therefore not all applicants will be successful.
- Recipients of other travel related financial allowances/grant/CAO Travel Award are not eligible.
- Open to full-time NTU undergraduates.
- A student is only eligible for one OSP Loan during his/her course of study at NTU.
- Students (except for GEM mobility programmes i.e. semester exchange or fee/study abroad) embarking on Fee-paying Scheme (i.e. students who undertake to apply to the host university on their own accord) are not eligible for the financial aid schemes here.
- If students are embarking on a joint Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme (OEP) and OGEM Explorer Programme and are interested in a loan, they
must apply for the OSP Loan under the Overseas Entrepreneurship Programme (OEP).
- SPR/International students paying non-subsidised tuition fees are not eligible to apply.
CAO Travel Award
For undergraduates fulfilling their academic credit-bearing professional internship overseas
Asia / Africa / Oceania / South Americas ||
20 - 30 weeks||
10 - 12 weeks ||
China / India / South East Asia ||
20 - 30 weeks||
10 - 12 weeks ||S$2000|
North Americas / Europe / Japan ||
20 - 30 weeks
|10 - 12 weeks ||
OSP Loan for above mentioned
Asia / Africa / Oceania / South Americas||
20 - 30 weeks ||
10 - 12 weeks||
China / India / South East Asia||
20 - 30 weeks||
10 - 12 weeks ||
North Americas / Europe / Japan |
20 - 30 weeks
|10 - 12 weeks||S$7000|
Please note that if you are applying for both the loan and travel award, the maximum amount offered (which may be a combination of loan and travel award) will not exceed the maximum aid amount as shown in the loan table above.
For OSP Loan applicants
- One guarantor aged 21 to 60 years (based on the guarantor's age at the point of application), and not an un-discharged bankrupt.
- A loan applicant who is a:
- Singaporean student to provide a Singaporean guarantor
Singapore Permanent Resident and International students to provide a Singaporean/Singapore Permanent Resident guarantor
- The guarantor must be gainfully employed.
- A student of Nanyang Technological University who satisfies (1) and (2) may also act as a guarantor. However, a student who is in the process of applying or holding Tuition Fee Loan / loan from CPF Education Scheme or any other form of loan should not stand as a guarantor.
- If the application for OSP loan is successful, the applicant and the guarantor have to be both present at NTU to sign the Loan Agreement.
- A person is discouraged from standing in for more than 2 loans in view of the financial implications.
- Interest-free during course of study.
- Interest will commence upon graduation. Interest rate will be based on average prime lending rate of the 3 local banks (DBS, OCBC & UOB).
| OSP Loan|
- Maximum loan period of 5 years.
- Minimum repayment of $100 per month (monthly instalment of $100).
- For Singaporean students, repayment to commence no later than 2 years after graduation or upon securing employment (whichever is earlier).
- For Singapore PR and international students, repayment to commence no later than 3 months after graduation.
- You may carry out a prepayment of your loan in part or in full any time without incurring any prepayment charges.
How to apply
- You need not wait for your overseas programme outcome before applying. For students who are not successful in your overseas programme, we will not offer you any travel award/OSP Loan. For students who are successful for the overseas programme and are offered the OSP loan, you have the choice to decline the OSP loan offer.
- For students who applied for the travel award, a limited number of travel awards are available and therefore not all applicants will be successful. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for the OSP Loan if they have not applied for the loan before.
- Apply online through
StudentLink during the financial aid application period
• For NTU students, please login to
StudentLink for application.
• For NIE students, please login to
NIE StudentLink for application.
- Submit application form and supporting documents to One-Stop@SAC within 7 calendar days upon your online application.
- You will be informed of your financial aid application outcome 4 weeks after the closing date.
- For students who applied and are awarded the travel award
• A travel award offer will be sent to your NTU email account.
• If you had furnished a GIRO bank account to NSS-Finance Office for payment of your semestral tuition fees, the funds will be deposited into that bank account within 3 weeks from the travel award email offer. If not, NSS-Finance Office will issue you a cheque within 4 weeks from the travel award email offer and inform you through your NTU email account to collect it.
- For students who applied and are not successful for the travel award
• The outcome of your application will be sent to your NTU email account.
• If you have not applied for an OSP loan before and would like to apply for a loan, please email to Financial Aid at
FinAid@ntu.edu.sg for assistance.
- For students who applied and are offered the OSP Loan with or without the travel award
• A loan offer will be sent to your NTU email account. You are required to click on the link provided in the email to indicate acceptance.
• Within 2 weeks of your loan acceptance, NSS-Finance Office will contact you to arrange for both yourself and your guarantor to visit their office to sign the Loan Agreement.
• After the Loan Agreement has been signed, NSS-Finance Office will release the loan amount (in one lump sum) to you when your overseas programme placement is confirmed. The office in charge of your overseas programme will update NSS-Finance Office once your overseas placement is confirmed.
Attachments / Internships - AY2019-2020 Semester 1
Application Period: 23 September 2019 to 4 October 2019
- 8 weeks Professional Attachment [PA] (December - February) for NBS
- 10 weeks Internship Programme [HSSIP] (December - February) for HSS
- 10 weeks Internship Programme [SSIP] (December - February) for Social Sciences
Attachments / Internships - AY2019-2020 Semester 2
Application Period: 14 October 2019 to 25 October 2019
- 20 weeks Sports Science Management Internship [SSM] (January - May) for PESS
- 20 weeks Professional Internship [PINS] (January - May) for Engineering
- 20 weeks Professional Internship [PINS] (January - May) for EESS
- 22 weeks Professional Internship [PI] (January - June) for WKWSCI
- 22 weeks Professional Internship [PINSB] (January - June) for SBS
- 22 weeks Professional Internship [PI-SPMS] (January - June) for SPMS
- 30 weeks Enhanced Professional Internship [EPI] (January - August) for Engineering
- 30 weeks International Research Attachment [IRA] (January - August) for Engineering
Application Period: 24 February 2020 to 6 March 2020
- 10 weeks Internship Programme [HSSIP] (May - July) for HSS
- 10 weeks Internship Programme [SSIP] (May - July) for Social Sciences
- 10 weeks Professional Attachment [PA] (May - July) for NBS
- 10 weeks Industrial Immersion [IIMS] (May - July) for CEE
- 10 weeks ADM Internship (May - July) for ADM
- 10 weeks Professional Attachment [PANS] (May - July) for Engineering
- 10 weeks Professional Attachment [PA-2] (May - July) for SPMS (PAP)
- 12 weeks Professional Attachment [PA-2] (May - July) for SPMS (MAS)