Mrs Hazel Loh
BA Monash, GDip Info Ser. R. Melbourne I.T.
Deputy Director & Head of Library Technology & Systems Group
Library Technology & Systems Division
Tel : (65) 6790 4692 Fax : (65) 6792 0509
Operational Responsibilities :
- Oversee strategy, development and maintenance of all Library IT systems to ensure a scalable and robust infrastructure to facilitate smooth delivery of library resources and services to users.
- Oversee, plan and implement optimal digital library systems and infrastructure to support new initiatives and improved library services to users.
- Oversee Library Technology Group to ensure effective workflow, delivery of results, strong teamwork, quick response to users’ demands, collaborative work approach with internal and external colleagues, and innovative solutions to problems.
Work Experience :
Hazel joined the Nanyang Technological Institute (renamed Nanyang Technological University in 1991) as an Assistant Librarian in 1987 after graduating with a B.A (Hons) from Monash University and a Graduate Diploma in Information Services from RMIT, Victoria, Australia. From 1988 – 2007, she held a number of posts namely: Head of Circulation Department, Head of Media Resource Library, Head of Digital Resources Division and Head of Library Technology & Systems Division. She currently oversees the Library Technology Group.
Professional Interests :
- Digital library and portal services
- Library technology developments
Conference Presentations :
- Nurhazman Abdul Aziz, Chia Yew Boon & Loh, Hazel (2010). “Sowing the seeds: towards reaping a harvest using social web applications in Nanyang Technological University Library”, paper presented at IFLA 2010, Sweden.
- Nurhazman Abdul Aziz, Tan, Michael & Loh, Hazel (2009). “Enhanced library database interface 2.0”, presentation at “Libraries for Tomorrow: seminar and sharing session”, 16 October 2009, NLB, Singapore.
- Loh, Hazel (2008). “DR-NTU: NTU’s Digital Repository”, presentation at the special session on Asian Digital Libraries, ICADL 2008, Bali, Indonesia.
- Wheeler, Joy, Jayan Chirath Kurian & Loh, Hazel (2008). “Digital Repository @ NTU”, paper presented at LAS Conference 2008—Innovate to serve!, Singapore.
- Loh, Hazel & Foo Kok Pheow (2000). “Digital library initiative at the Nanyang Technological University”, paper presented at the “NIT 2000”, Taiwan.
- Loh, Hazel (1999). “The Library and online learning via iGEMS”, paper presented at the “2nd Regional Symposium on New Media & Learning Technologies in Asia”, 8—10 September 1999, Orchard Hotel, Singapore.