Ms Chew Shu Wen
BSc(Hons)(Chem & Biochem) NTU, MSc(Info Studies) NTU
Assistant Director (Research Data Management)
Lee Wee Nam Library Level 5
Tel : (65) 6592 3245 Fax : (65) 6791 4637
Operational Responsiblities :
- Develop, design and implement data curation services that support NTU researchers in meeting university, funders and publishers’ data management, open access sharing and research integrity requirements.
- Engage key stakeholders in the design and implementation of research data management related services.
- Design and deliver advocacy and education programmes to promote good research data management and open sharing practices.
Shu Wen started her career in Librarianship in NUS Libraries where she joined as an Assistant Librarian in 2010 with the main role of Pharmacy Resource Librarian. Since then, she has also developed expertise in the areas of patent searching, scholarly communication and publishing, and research data management. In August 2017, Shu Wen joined NTU libraries as an Assistant Director under the Research Data Management team.
Subject Rooms and Websites:
Research Data Management Guide
Research Data Management
- Open Access
- Scholarly Communication
- Chew, S.W., Hayat, I., Loh, M.L., & Ng, S. (2014). Collaboration and Partnerships with Different Stakeholders to Strengthen Patent Information Literacy Programmes at NUS Libraries. Presented at
Libraries for Tomorrow 2014, Singapore.
- Chew, S. W. & Khoo, C. S.G. (2016). Comparison of drug information on consumer drug review sites versus authoritative health information websites. J Assn Inf Sci Tec, 67: 333–349. doi:10.1002/asi.23390
- Tay, A. C. H., Glass, G., & Chew, S. W. (2013). Using Foursquare. Check-ins are not just for books!. Library Management, 34(6/7), 3-3. Paper presented at the 33rd Annual IATUL Conference, Singapore.
- Fan, R., Chew, S. W., Cheong, V. V., & Orner, B. P. (2010). Fabrication of gold nanoparticles inside unmodified horse spleen apoferritin. Small, 6(14), 1483-1487.
Patent Application :
- Orner, B. P., Fan, R., Chew, S. W., & Cheong, V. V. (2011). U.S. Patent Application 13/245,233.